Ultimaker Expands Materials and Enhancements for Enterprise Desktop 3D Printing System
The addition of more industrial-grade materials for lightweight prototypes and print cores that result in faster output highlight new offerings
Ultimaker, the global leader in professional desktop 3D printing, announced today several product developments to enhance its Ultimaker 2+ and Ultimaker 3 solutions. A variety of new tools and accessories allow users to enhance performance of their Ultimaker 3D printers and take advantage of new engineering-friendly materials to expand possibilities for print outputs. An upgraded version of the Cura slicing software is also now available for best preparing design files for final printing.
Our Ultimaker 3 has changed the way companies and organizations produce prototype parts, small-scale production, tools, jigs and fixtures. With the additions of multiple materials, kits and accessories, as well as software upgrades, users can better optimize and maintain printers at scale and achieve consistent and high-quality output.
The Ultimaker 3 offers an integrated software, hardware and material solution for efficient workflow and consistent, high-quality 3D printing results. Its cutting-edge dual-core print head comes with print cores for build and support materials, and the unique auto-nozzle lifting system ensures the most reliable dual extrusion printing for full geometric freedom.
New offerings include:
- Polypropylene (PP) – Polypropylene is a favorite of designers and engineers because of its exceptional durability. Due to its excellent chemical and temperature resistance, it is ideal for printing such items as electrical components. Printing with PP for functional prototyping means an output that is close to material used for end-use parts.
- NFC spools (TPU, CPE+, PC) – Ultimaker has developed new printing profiles, which means support for a wider range of engineering materials. These profiles ensure professional and reliable results for producing prototypes, tools and more.
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit – The Ultimaker 3 Advanced 3D Printing Kit provides offerings to both optimize the performance of the system and yield higher-quality results.
- Print cores – New 0.8 mm nozzle sizes for printing both build materials and dissolvable support materials allow for faster printing.
- Software – With Cura 2.6.1, users can take advantage of new features such as enhanced support adhesion settings, easier, faster model auto-arrange options, support meshes and extruder buttons.
For more information, visit ultimaker.com
Since 2011, Ultimaker has built an open and easy-to-use solution of 3D printers, software and materials that enable professional designers and engineers to innovate every day. Today, Ultimaker is the market leader in desktop 3D printing. From offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore – plus production facilities in Europa and the US – its global team of over 400 employees work together to accelerate the world’s transition to digital distribution and local manufacturing.