Ultimaker unveils software strategy to unlock greater 3D printing potential
- Focused software strategy makes Ultimaker a future-ready solution that continues to deliver greater results over time for individual users and businesses
- Ultimaker Cura will be released on October 17th 2017 and offers seamless workflow integration with third party software providers
- Cura Connect will be released on November 7th 2017, enables automatic print job scheduling and management for multiple Ultimaker 3D printers
Leading 3D printer manufacturer Ultimaker announced their new software strategy at the TCT Show in Birmingham, UK. Already known worldwide for producing the most reliable and user-friendly 3D printers available, Ultimaker will put software at the heart of its strategy by releasing regular software upgrades that continuously enhance the existing hardware over time. This will make Ultimaker a future-ready solution that continues to deliver better results for users and businesses. The first two key software updates will be Ultimaker Cura and Cura Connect.
The release of Ultimaker Cura is scheduled for release on October 17th and offers a powerful, no-hassle solution to prepare files for digital fabrication.
The key benefits of Ultimaker Cura include:
- Expanding the Ultimaker ecosystem by offering software upgrades that improve the possibilities of the hardware
- Integration with leading design and engineering software means businesses can create new workflows tailored to their needs
- Providing seamless workflow integration between industry-standard CAD applications such as SolidWorks and Siemens NX
Cura Connect will be released in Ultimaker Cura on November 7th 2017. Cura Connect enables users to manage an array of Ultimaker 3 3D printers, creating an accessible solution for prototyping, tooling and small-scale production. This pioneering industry solution allows users to schedule, queue and monitor print jobs to maximize the efficiency of Ultimaker 3D printers.
Even customers that bought the very first Ultimaker 3 can benefit from the new software solutions provided in Ultimaker Cura, now, and in the future. We are proud to be providing future-ready solutions. Ultimaker Cura opens up the possibility of third party plugin development that ensures seamless workflow integration with industry-standard CAD software to make 3D printing even more accessible.
Furthermore, we will continuously develop new applications for our 3D printers, creating an even more integrated solution for our one million Cura users, including professional designers, engineers, researchers, and manufacturers. This will help users get the most out of their Ultimaker 3D printer.
Since 2011, Ultimaker has built an open and easy-to-use solution of 3D printers, software and materials that enable professional designers and engineers to innovate every day. Today, Ultimaker is the market leader in desktop 3D printing. From offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore – plus production facilities in Europa and the US – its global team of over 400 employees work together to accelerate the world’s transition to digital distribution and local manufacturing.